Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Makeover Time!

This past Saturday, I had the privilege of spending some girl time with a very deserving young woman: Cara, a wife, mother of two, and full time worker.




About a month ago, I nominated Cara for a hair makeover with my good friend and hair stylist Ariana Thiem (Visit her site here).



Ariana changed Cara to a platinum blonde with splashes of chestnut low lights. WOW! What an amazing change! Cara loved it. Then the cogs in my head started turning... what if we took this a step further?!!??

So what did I do? I brought Cara to my house for a day of pampering and fun. The ULTIMATE GOAL: to deposit seeds that demonstrate higher value. (thanks VH1's The Pick Up Artist!) I want Cara to feel good about herself on the inside and out!

First, I introduced her to facial products that will fit her face perfectly and that wouldn't bust the budget! Hey, sometimes I can't afford Oil of Olay prices! A great simple cleaner for her was Neutrogena Extra Gentle skin cleanser. Easy, oil free, and helps keep her sensitive and dry skin moisturized. Next, my absolute favorite light weight facial moisturizer is Neutrogena Sensitive Skin lotion. It's oil free, easy, and gets the job done. Apply this after you wash your face in the morning, and after you wash your face at night.




Step 2 was going through all her makeup. Cara loves blues, blacks, silvers and grays. It's only natural to find these eyeshadows and colors in her little bag. I made a deal with her. I told her she could keep those colors if she would let me teach her the more advanced smokey eye techniques in the future after she's nailed applying her new look on herself. She agreed. I don't know about any of you, but I love Walgreens' Drug store. They have a gigantic cosmetic section and we're having a L'Oreal sale while we were there! Score! I helped her pick out some eyeshadow palettes that were complimenary to her skin tone and eyes.

This quad: "Subtle Berries"

And then a quad similar to this one:



Next, was foundation. Cara needed a medium coverage foundation to help with the redness in her face. One of absolute favorite drug store foundations worked perfectly for her!! L'Oreal's Visible Life with Serum and SPF 17. Everything her face was screaming for!!





We also purchased Maybelline Define-a-lash mascara, and I gave her a bottle of Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion that I had lying around.

We ventured back to my house and then I plucked, shaped and groomed her eyebrows. Then the makeup began! I did one half of her face and showed her every technique she needed to achieve the desired look. Then, she had to do the other half!! With me standing next to her of course! Hands on training is the best!!

After finishing that, I made her sit down, and I gave her a glam look with fancy glittery lip gloss and false eyelashes to make her feel extra special!!

DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!! Introducing the new Cara!!!! YAY!!!



Doesn't she look great??!? It's been two days now and she's told me, "Thank you for believing in me! It feels good to have people supporting me in bettering myself." And that's what being friends is about. Using what you have to bless others.

Do something unexpected for someone today.

Pay it forward,

Lenea <3

Luke 10:27b - "Love your neighbor as yourself."




1 comment:

  1. Since this makeover, I have used the things Lenea has taught me everyday! I love my new makeup routine. She showed me how to use more than one eyeshadow color, how to keep my eyeliner on my face, and how to take better care of my face. I feel like she showed me how to be pretty in ten minutes! I am very thankful for every thing she has shown me!

    ReplyDelete