Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

BUT DON'T FORGET THE SUNSCREEN!


I live in Arizona. My home town, in Flagstaff, is absolutely gorgeous with four seasons and pine trees, mountains and lakes. About eight months ago, we moved to Scottsdale. Let me tell you, the winter months are nice with the 70 degree weather, but next week it's supposed to be 100 degrees!!!

Me and my husband are both gingers. For those unfamiliar with that lingo - Gingers are red-headed, fair skinned, freckled, and magically turn into lobsters after 20 mins in the sun. I especially love the lobster part. NOT!



Though this is not me, you get the idea that if this face has no sunscreen...... DUN DUN DUN!!


So now, it's lava hot outside. Time to get by the pool! But don't forget the sunscreen! Here's some of my favorites!



**NO AD Sunscreen is my absolute favorite for the body! It's not oily, it stays on all day and its kind of moisturizing! I also have SUPER sensitive skin, so this doesn't break me out. I recommend this if you're hiking, or hanging out at a baseball game. Kinda your everyday wear for body.




**My next favorite is Banana Boat KIDS. It's perfect for my sensitive skin, and it stays on all day even in the pool!! This was a no-fail when my Mama slapped it on me as a kid.


**Dermalogica makes the best face sunscreen on the planet! It doesn't burn my face or my eyes when applying, and it doesn't give me zits or acne! It's very moisturizing, and you're not left with a greasy, yucky feeling on your face. If you're a ginger, or even a very pale person, I REALLY recommend getting this. It will change your face in the sun forever!!!!



Right now, as I'm typing this, I'm laughing at myself because A) I hate putting on sunscreen, and B) My kids get annoyed at me because every time they get in trouble, I try to talk to them and teach them a lesson in it. So kids, here comes the moral of the sunscreen lesson today!! HAHA

It's really important to wear sunscreen because it is an investment into yourself. Do you really want to deal with that lobster skin for 2 weeks? The pain, the discomfort, the peeling.....ewwwww. Not so much. My dad didn't wear sunscreen for years and years and years. Poor guy is now dealing with skin cancers and junk all over is forehead. I know he hates it and wishes he could go back and wear the dang sunscreen.


EWWWW!!! GO AWAY!! (don't worry I found this image on Google)


Even God thinks we should wear sunscreen! The only thing different is, I think God would have it as SON-SCREEN. I talked about what beauty is in the last post (read it here) and what it was like to be beautiful on the inside and out. Believing in God and having Him as a part of my life is really important to me. Jesus is the SON-SCREEN for my heart and soul. Without faith in Him, I'd get burned up by the junk and crap of the world that desensitizes us. And I don't want those ugly dark spots all over my heart!! Just like I don't want ugly spots on my skin!! I can't tan, so I have to maintain my healthy glow, by maintaining my inside. That's where MY spark comes from! I glow from the inside, out.


Romans 12:2, "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

DON'T FORGET THE SUNSCREEN!!



Psalm 28:7, "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoices; and with my song will I praise him."



Have a great day and weekend everyone!!

To a healthy glow,

Lenea <3




No comments:

Post a Comment